Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What to expect in hell

What to expect in hell

• Annihilation - Instant destruction

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Universalism - Suffering for a while and then united with Jesus

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Eternal torment - Limited suffering, not such a bad place, mostly pet friendly

• Eternal torment - limited suffering, a horrible environment, no pets

• Eternal torment - torturous, excruciating pain and suffering, no pets

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Deuteronomy passage in the NKJV.reads "the children of Israel "
So you're basing your comments on the Septuigent wording of 'Angel's of God." And the angel's authority --are you talking about the fallen angel's. There are messenger angel's that go back and forth in the Old Testament.

Or are you talking about guardian angels?
Sounds like you're suggesting that angels who allow people to be victims of serial killers are doomed to hell?!
NKJV and most other translations are based on a corrupt moresetic text. This one in particular is wildly inaccurate. Deut. 32:8 is referring to the scattering of nations from the Tower of Babel, Abraham was not even born at the time, let alone Jacob.

Those angels are known as "watchers" watching over the scattered nations, they are not just messengers, but hosts of heaven, hence God's title "Lord of hosts". You may remember the "thrones, powers, dominions, principalities" in Ephesians, those are not myths are most people think, those are ranks of these angels. You can call them fallen angels if you want.

The Deuteronomy passage in the NKJV.reads "the children of Israel "
So you're basing your comments on the Septuigent wording of 'Angel's of God." And the angel's authority --are you talking about the fallen angel's. There are messenger angel's that go back and forth in the Old Testament.

Or are you talking about guardian angels?
Sounds like you're suggesting that angels who allow people to be victims of serial killers are doomed to hell?!
By the way, it's "masoretic" text, sorry for the typo. And yes, there're a lot of messenger angels going back and forth, but there're other "watcher" angels appointed by God. There're three lines of defense from evil: first, family, established since Adam and Eve; second, church, any close knit community or organization can be counted as well; those two institutions are ordained by God personally; the last one is the government, managed not by the three branches, but by watcher angels.

NKJV and most other translations are based on a corrupt moresetic text. This one in particular is wildly inaccurate. Deut. 32:8 is referring to the scattering of nations from the Tower of Babel, Abraham was not even born at the time, let alone Jacob.

Those angels are known as "watchers" watching over the scattered nations, they are not just messengers, but hosts of heaven, hence God's title "Lord of hosts". You may remember the "thrones, powers, dominions, principalities" in Ephesians, those are not myths are most people think, those are ranks of these angels. You can call them fallen angels if you want.

I just Googled Massoretic text and they are considered the most reliable of all.

Where are you getting your information from. Not meaning to sound critical. Just wondering.

'Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do,
do it with thy might;
for there is no work,
.. nor device,
.... nor knowledge,
...... nor wisdom,
in the grave (Sheol/hell),
whither thou goest.'
(Ecc 9:10)

What about the utter darkness and nashinf of teeth being experienced in the lake of fire and brimstone. That will continue for ever.

Since heaven is eternal so is hell. Which is a very good reason to stay out of hell.

I just Googled Massoretic text and they are considered the most reliable of all.

Where are you getting your information from. Not meaning to sound critical. Just wondering.
No, unfortunately it’s not reliable, it was a corrupted version created by some Jews who denied Yeshua. The most reliable version is the Septuigent, also known as the LXX, that’s where all OT quotes in the NT came from directly. Septuigent was in use until the 5th century when the Catholic Church translated the Bible into Latin, and those Jews provided the adulterated Masoretic version for them to use. There had never been an accurate translation since then until the discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls.

Another obvious discrepancy is Hebrew 1:6 - “let all the angels of God worship him (Yeshua)”; this is pretty important, it’s actually a deal breaker for Satan to rebel as he was too prideful to worship a man, and it’s supposed to be a quote from Deut. 32:43; but if you check the OT, it’s not there in most translations based on the Masoretic text, because it was removed.

What about the utter darkness and nashinf of teeth being experienced in the lake of fire and brimstone. That will continue for ever.

Since heaven is eternal so is hell. Which is a very good reason to stay out of hell.
Your quote:

HEAVEN IS NOT ETERNAL! Heaven is A Creation, Created By The Son of GOD and Not The Father and The Father Will Destroy Heaven and "MAKE Something Brand NEW! the Bible makes all of this Clear and Brighter than The Firmaments. :pensive: The new is a part of our "SHARED INHERITANCE" that The Father is Going to give to HIS Only SON who is "JESUS The WORD of GOD"

A Child of The LIVING GOD knows This, Those who are "BORN of GOD", Those who are Born of Men cannot perceived this neither can they understand. The Religious can never see this nor can they understand or Imagine, They have not The Ability.:pensive: They have, all of these books about heaven. and what, it looks like. And That is sad.

King James Bible
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God Hath Prepared For them that love
him." [But He has reveal it to us a "certain Group" only.] "The MYSTERION"

note:
Jesus The SON of GOD: Created all Creation.:eyes: Heaven Location is Not in ETERNITY. ETERNITY is Beyond HEAVEN. JESUS THE WORD of GOD, was not in heaven when He Created HEAVEN. How could Jesus be in something That did Not exist.?

The FATHER is or Have: "PREPARING" Something Else in "ETERNITY".:pensive: It is not a Creation. He is making something "preparing" not "Creating"

Maybe The interpreters, of The Original Copied Manuscript of The Very words of Paul translated it in the Bible refers to Paul's "THRID HEAVEN" as "Eternity"

New American Standard Bible
I know a man in Christ, who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a man was caught up to the third heaven.

I got backup, big time"HOLY SCRIPTURE" "The WHOLE BOOK" compacted Together. Declares The WHOLE.

Acts 3:21
Heaven must take Him in until the time comes for the restoration of all things, which God announced long ago through His holy prophets.

2 Peter 3:13
But in keeping with God's promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.
Revelation 21:1
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

Romans 8 ASV
18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with The Glory That Is To Be Revealed To Us. 19For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of child birth together until now. 23And not only that, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, Waiting Eagerly For Our Adoption As Sons And Daughters, The Redemption Of Our Body."

This Truth is express from Genesis throughout The Bible to The Letter written to The Saints of GOD in The Book Called The Revelation of JESUS The Son Of The LIVING GOD"

PloughBoy

People tend to neglect thinking about the hereafter. Thus they become like a frog boiled
to death by starting it out in cold water.

Mark 4:3-19 . . Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow: and some fell among
thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. These are they
such as hear the word, and the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and
the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Well, hello there
My, it's been a long, long time
How am I doing?
Oh, I guess that I'm doing fine

It's been so long now
But it seems now that it was only yesterday
Gee, ain't it funny
How time slips away?
(Billy Walker, 1961)

_

Your quote:

HEAVEN IS NOT ETERNAL! Heaven is A Creation, Created By The Son of GOD and Not The Father and The Father Will Destroy Heaven and "MAKE Something Brand NEW! the Bible makes all of this Clear and Brighter than The Firmaments. :pensive: The new is a part of our "SHARED INHERITANCE" that The Father is Going to give to HIS Only SON who is "JESUS The WORD of GOD"

A Child of The LIVING GOD knows This, Those who are "BORN of GOD", Those who are Born of Men cannot perceived this neither can they understand. The Religious can never see this nor can they understand or Imagine, They have not The Ability.:pensive: They have, all of these books about heaven. and what, it looks like. And That is sad.

King James Bible
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God Hath Prepared For them that love
him." [But He has reveal it to us a "certain Group" only.] "The MYSTERION"

note:
Jesus The SON of GOD: Created all Creation.:eyes: Heaven Location is Not in ETERNITY. ETERNITY is Beyond HEAVEN. JESUS THE WORD of GOD, was not in heaven when He Created HEAVEN. How could Jesus be in something That did Not exist.?

The FATHER is or Have: "PREPARING" Something Else in "ETERNITY".:pensive: It is not a Creation. He is making something "preparing" not "Creating"

Maybe The interpreters, of The Original Copied Manuscript of The Very words of Paul translated it in the Bible refers to Paul's "THRID HEAVEN" as "Eternity"

New American Standard Bible
I know a man in Christ, who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a man was caught up to the third heaven.

I got backup, big time"HOLY SCRIPTURE" "The WHOLE BOOK" compacted Together. Declares The WHOLE.

Acts 3:21
Heaven must take Him in until the time comes for the restoration of all things, which God announced long ago through His holy prophets.

2 Peter 3:13
But in keeping with God's promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.
Revelation 21:1
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

Romans 8 ASV
18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with The Glory That Is To Be Revealed To Us. 19For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of child birth together until now. 23And not only that, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, Waiting Eagerly For Our Adoption As Sons And Daughters, The Redemption Of Our Body."

This Truth is express from Genesis throughout The Bible to The Letter written to The Saints of GOD in The Book Called The Revelation of JESUS The Son Of The LIVING GOD"

PloughBoy

For one thing-- the last book of the Bible is called Revelation--the 1st verse of chapter 1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants-- things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John.. "

If heaven is not eternal, then when does it end.

And yes there is a third heaven.

Look at Revelation 21: 1-4.

For one thing-- the last book of the Bible is called Revelation--the 1st verse of chapter 1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants-- things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John.. "

If heaven is not eternal, then when does it end.

And yes there is a third heaven.

Look at Revelation 21: 1-4.
Note Your Quote:
"And yes there is a third heaven." [ Paul did not say "There is a third heaven"] you did. :pensive: But I do understand exactly what you mean.

Read in Complete "Context". is The only way one May discern This "paradise". He is saying, I really cannot Describe it. [Remember There is a "Art' in Reading "Holy Scripture" a Gift only Given To a True, "Child of The LIVING GOD" "The Mysterion".:pensive: In reading many see, but yet They do not really see.

Matthew 13:
"Boasting is necessary, though it is not beneficial; but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ, who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knowssuch a man was caught up
to the third heaven. 3And I know how such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body I DO NOT KNOW:eyes:, God knows4was caught up Into Paradise And Heard Inexpressible WORDS, "WHICH A MAN IS NOT PERMITTED TO SPEAK". 5In Behalf Of Such A Man I Will Boast; but in my own behalf I will not boast, except regarding my weaknesses. 6For if I do wish to boast I will Not Be Foolish, For I Will Be Speaking The Truth; BUT I Refrain From This, so that no one will credit me with more than he sees in me or hears from me."

When heaven ends:
After The Last Battle in The Millennium Reign and The Great WHITE Throne JUDGEMENT and then this will happen:

American Standard Version

A New Heaven and a New Earth
1And I saw a New Heaven And A New Earth: for the first heaven and the first earth are passed away; and the [OCEANS] is no more. 2And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down [OUT OF HEAVEN OF GOD,]:eyes: made ready AS A bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a great voice out of the throne saying, BEHOLD, THE TABERNACLE OF GOD IS WITH MEN, And He Shall dwell with them, and they shall be his peoples, and God Himself Shall Be With Them, And Be Their God: 4And He Shall Wipe Away Every Tear From Their Eyes; And Death Shall Be No More; Neither Shall There Be Mourning, Nor Crying, Nor Pain, Any More: THE FIRST THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY.

Note: translations.

"OUT OF HEAVEN OF GOD" NOT COMING OUT OF Heaven FROM GOD BUT "OUT OF HEAVEN OF GOD"

PloughBoy, But many may believe what they will. Many do believe "That Man has a "freewill" and not into "bondages of Another
":pensive:

Future Glory

18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of The Sons Of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 21That The Creation Itself Will Be Set Free From Its Bondage To Corruption And Obtain The Freedom Of The Glory Of The Children Of God. 22For We Know That The Whole Creation Has Been Groaning Together In The Pains Of Child birth Until Now. 23And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, Groan Inwardly As We Wait Eagerly For Adoption As Sons, The Redemption Of Our Bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25But if we hope for what we do not see, We Wait For It With Patience.:pensive:

ALL CREATION, Not SOME, BUT ALL, Heaven, Angels, The STARS, The MOON, The SUN all The UNIVERSE The Mountain and The HILLS, The TREES, The Rivers, The SKIES! Are waiting on Us! "THE MANIFESTATION of THE SONS of THE LIVING GOD"!

I am PloughBoy, For I know my bible and The GOD who created me! and this world has nothing on me! So stop believe in men and this
world, And believe in GOD and TRUST in "CHRIST" who is "OUR SALVATION"!

And you Hit it on the head,

[SIZE=7][I]Sue D.[/I][/SIZE]

You Nailed it!:relieved: Revelation 21:

Hi @Sue D:

Isaiah 30:33, 34:9 and Ezekiel 48:22, are interesting references to brimstone, and refer to end-time judgment on the nations, and it will take place upon the earth: just as in Luke 17:29 in reference to Lot, it relates to God's judgment against wickedness, and took place on the earth, resulting in complete destruction. So it will be.

No, hell is the place of the dead, and there is no consciousness in death.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

FAQ: What might Hell be like?

REPLY: Seeing as how nobody down there has any more reason to be civil, then I
think new arrivals can expect to be ill treated in that world.

Also, folks down there are deprived of the regeneration spoken of per John 3:3-8 so
they are there as they were here. Well; human nature tends to deteriorate, sort of
like the decay experienced by road kill and spoiled fruits and vegetables. I'd expect
that the lost get badder and badder and badder as time goes on so that even a
saint like Mother Teresa would eventually become so evil that her conduct in Hell
would be disturbing to behold.

And then; according to Matt 7:21-23, not everyone talking the talk will make the
cut.

Well; I would not want to be one of them because they will surely be mocked
cruelly and without mercy by some of the netherworld's unruly crowd. I can just
hear their giggling and their taunts:

Hey Christian! How's about sharing the gospel with us ay? Tell us about the love of
God and how that's working for ya. Awwwww-Haw-Haw-Haw- Hawwwwwwwww!

I'd rather end up in Hell as a Bernie Madoff than a failed Christian because ol' ponzi
schemer Bernie is sure to be given far more respect down there than a bible
thumper.
_

“Weeping and gnashing of teeth” was a common idiom to describe being stranded on the street at night, all they can see is the light from the houses and they are shut out, hence all that sadness. This is not talking about hell, but an illustration of unprofitable Christians losing their reward in the millennial kingdom - not in heaven, but here on earth.

Back