Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Limited atonement !

You picked a fight with God's Holy Spirit. No opinion of flesh and blood matters at this point. God has clearly blown your skirt over your head and exposed what's underneath. Take my responses to someone whose saved (born again) and let them explain the truth of Scripture, which I quoted, to you. Thank You Jesus for exposing this person. PS: You are arrogant and uninformed. Repent while you are able.
And this is ridiculous. I believe your time would be better spent studying the Scriptures rather than being on a forum.

And this is ridiculous. I believe your time would be better spent studying the Scriptures rather than being on a forum.
You don't have God's Spirit. You want to see yourself as above us -- like you're some kind of expert -- but you're NOT; God is with His people and it's not going to work. He's already called you a wolf. You are here for purposes of no good and those born of God will not be deceived by you. Repent while you are able and seek forgiveness in Jesus because I assure you, you are not saved, and you will go to hell unless you are born again. And, to respond to your lie from an earlier post: the Holy Bible has ZERO contradictions; EVERY WORD OF GOD PROVES TRUE.

You don't have God's Spirit. You want to see yourself as above us -- like you're some kind of expert -- but you're NOT; God is with His people and it's not going to work. He's already called you a wolf. You are here for purposes of no good and those born of God will not be deceived by you. Repent while you are able and seek forgiveness in Jesus because I assure you, you are not saved, and you will go to hell unless you are born again. And, to respond to your lie from an earlier post: the Holy Bible has ZERO contradictions; EVERY WORD OF GOD PROVES TRUE.
It's funny that you called me arrogant and then you made this post. You know nothing about me yet you proceed to judge me. If that's not arrogant, what is?

Sadly, this is how I've found many if not most. Calvinsists. They look down and talk down to others because they beleive they are God's chosen people. It's kind of funny that the Jews were the very same way and look at what Jesus and to say to them.

At the Resurrection Calvinsts are going to very surprised.

Ephesians 1, John 6, Romans 9, (and for fun John 8)

I so want to teach you Scripture because you're wrong. There are many, many, many Scriptures that prove you wrong.
I pray in tongues and have performed miracle healings... God's Holy Spirit is in me. Read what I've given you.
And if you still don't believe, seek God and fast and pray. God's people all believe the same thing, and you're not there yet.
Your point is....? You gave me 4 chapters to prove that I'm wrong about using one single verse to build a doctrine on...To prove you don't need the Holy Spirit to teach you the Word?
Who are you? You hide your identity, only saying you're from Madison (nice town btw) and what credibility do you have? Truly, I do not understand your point here. What am I wrong about?!

Doctrine = a particular principle, position, or policy taught or advocated, as of a religion or government:

Fact = that which actually exists or is the case; reality or truth:
something known to exist or to have happened:

There are many single verses that one can stand on that are Fact, but looking at the definitions above, fact, and doctrine are not the same

Those Christ died for and with His Own Blood obtained Eternal Redemption, because of the efficasiousness of His Blood, they can never come under the penalty of sin, nor the law and satans dominion ! 12

Those Christ died for and with His Own Blood obtained Eternal Redemption, because of the efficasiousness of His Blood, they can never come under the penalty of sin, nor the law and satans dominion ! 12
So, do you believe in universal salvation? Because Christ died for all.

The truth of limited atonement is vital to the Christian Gospel, there's no Gospel without it. See 1 Cor 15:3. It refers specifically to the Death of Christ on the Cross, which death fully satisfied the law and justice of God for not all human beings but only for a certain group, the elect of God, Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world.

Now let's get one thing understood, when i speak of limited atonement, i don't mean by any means that Christ atoning death is limited in its power, but that its limited in that it doesn't cover or apply to everyone, but only applies to and covers the elect or chosen of God or the Church of God in Christ, or Gods Sheep.

What a load of nonsense. Christianity has flown over your head. Calvinists are cringe.

Last edited:
if you dont mind please discuss the topic,

As if you are here to discuss. You are here to push your personal indoctrination that insinuates God is evil. You are doing the devils work. Well done, you can find some scripture and misinterpret it, just like the devil.

If you want to ''discuss', answer the following:

When eternal hell is the consequence of not being chosen, how is the Creator of all, a good God if He selects those who will be saved?

Lucky you, right? What if you are not one of the lucky ones. What if you find yourself in hell one day?

Will you still call God ''just and good''. :D

Calvinism 4 pt, 5pt, all utter rubbish. Terribly lazy discernment of God and scripture.

You picked a fight with God's Holy Spirit. No opinion of flesh and blood matters at this point. God has clearly blown your skirt over your head and exposed what's underneath. Take my responses to someone whose saved (born again) and let them explain the truth of Scripture, which I quoted, to you. Thank You Jesus for exposing this person. PS: You are arrogant and uninformed. Repent while you are able.

Mary, I see you 'liking' brightfames posts. Do you also believe that God has already cherry picked all those that He wants in heaven?

I want you to understand that Calvinists lose their debates. They cherry pick scriptures. They teach that God is wicked. It is therefore a belief close to satanism.

Nothing could be more wicked then teaching the lost such a message. This is not what Jesus taught.

Imagine standing before God of the universe on judgement day and being guilty of teaching the lost that He loves and died for that, He did not....

Such a person needs to be TERRIFIED of a punishment in hell.

He died for many, not all

for by his righteousness many {not all} were justified, {Is.53:11,} because he bare or suffered for their iniquities;

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Heb 9:28

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. 13

The idea that "everyone goes to Heaven eventually" is absurd and not in the Bible.
Any mention of Hell and all of Revelation will show who is going to Heaven and who is not.

People can reject God and many do SO easily.
The Unforgivable Sin is equating Jesus' works to evil. The Pharisee did that and some believe it doesn't exist.
It most certainly does.
God IS the origin of Good even when people don't understand it.

Can a person accept God into their lives and then experience something and then turn from Him and lose that salvation?
Can they do that and FREELY and openly sin and think "I'm saved so it's all good." and you'd be surprised if you saw them in church and didn't catch on fire?

I so want to teach you Scripture because you're wrong.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
(1 Timothy 2:12 KJV)

I pray in tongues and have performed miracle healings... God's Holy Spirit is in me.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
(Matthew 7:22-23 KJV)

Christs Death is limited to them that are the called !

Heb 9:12-15

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

It was Gods purpose in Christs Death that certain people might receive Eternal Life, or Eternal Inheritance, not everyone, but " they which are called" !

Now the called in Vs 15 are a specific, definite people since the writer uses the definite article for the called ! All without exception are not the called.

There are a specific group of people in this world that the called, Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

See " them that are the called here" must be distinguished from all others

1 Cor 1:23-24

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

See how the called here are distinguished, set apart from the others, whether they be jews of gentiles, the called are set apart people from the rest of the world. Paul writes to the same Corinithians earlier 1 Cor 1:1-2
Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

The called have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, that is set apart from the rest of the world, and so it is for all for whom Christ died. Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body/death of Jesus Christ/ once for all.13

Back