Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Talk Jesus Statement of Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you have to do is show me the Scripture where the Father/Son relationship ends.

Simple, right? If you can't show me that then I know your opinion on the matter.
I believe when Heaven is fully realized we will only see Jesus, and Not as the Son of God but as the Full Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. we may call Him Lord, God or Jesus but probably never say hi Son of God. Maybe I'm wrong. When I talk about the Sonship of God ending, not saying Christ Himself Just His role as Son. He will be forever God.

My position is that God is strictly a monotheistic, numerically ONE inseparable God. Not three separate distinct persons of God.

I believe when Heaven is fully realized we will only see Jesus, and Not as the Son of God but as the Full Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. we may call Him Lord, God or Jesus but probably never say hi Son of God. Maybe I'm wrong. When I talk about the Sonship of God ending, not saying Christ Himself Just His role as Son. He will be forever God.

The Son of God is the glory of God manifest in human form. I would suggest getting used to that phrase "The Son of God," we will all be hearing and talking bout it throughout eternity.

Luke 1:31-33

"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

1 Corinthians 15:24-28:
"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

This passage means that the role of the Son, Jesus Christ in his mediatorial and redemptive function, will be fulfilled and completed. Once the purpose of the Son's role in redemption is accomplished, the Sonship will be subject to God, leading to God being "all in all."

John 14:8-9:
"Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"

Jesus' statement that seeing Him is seeing the Father reinforces that Jesus is the visible manifestation of the invisible God. This suggests that the distinction made for the purpose of the incarnation is temporary and functional, not ontological.

Once the redemptive work is completed, the distinction of the Son will no longer be necessary, and God will be fully revealed in All the Glory of His Oneness.

God is a singular divine being who manifested Himself in different roles or modes, including the Son for the purpose of redemption.

If these interpretations are wrong. I want to hear from you guys your interpretation. And if someone can show me a Scripture that talks about separate persons of God let me know. I am very careful to use Scripture to back everything I say.

My Signature------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noone on Earth brings new revelation, that isn't already revealed through the Word of God (Jesus Christ), which is fullest revelation given to man. Through the moving and operation of the Holy Ghost, I Pray what we say here (with Scriptural backing) brings the truth of these Revelations, truth by truth, or precept upon precept, to the heart of the hearer. Lay what we say before the feet of Jesus (Word of God) and compare, the Bible is Always truth, so if they don't match, we need to reevaluate our stance. What we say or do here will have lasting impact upon the believer and sinner alike. We most certainly have freedom of speech, but any true christian will weigh what they say against the Word of God and if they don't agree God is not in error, and we need to pray for understanding. Those that have more meat of the Word can help those who are struggling, if done with humility, peace and love. I don't mind a peaceful debate, but when we start to argue amongst each other that is not the Spirit of God. God Bless and Peace to you all. (This signature is in general and not pointing fingers at anyone at anytime. God Bless.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Corinthians 15:24-28:
"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

This passage means that the role of the Son, Jesus Christ in his mediatorial and redemptive function, will be fulfilled and completed. Once the purpose of the Son's role in redemption is accomplished, the Sonship will be subject to God, leading to God being "all in all."

John 14:8-9:
"Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"

Jesus' statement that seeing Him is seeing the Father reinforces that Jesus is the visible manifestation of the invisible God. This suggests that the distinction made for the purpose of the incarnation is temporary and functional, not ontological.

Once the redemptive work is completed, the distinction of the Son will no longer be necessary, and God will be fully revealed in All the Glory of His Oneness.

God is a singular divine being who manifested Himself in different roles or modes, including the Son for the purpose of redemption.

If these interpretations are wrong. I want to hear from you guys your interpretation. And if someone can show me a Scripture that talks about separate persons of God let me know. I am very careful to use Scripture to back everything I say.

My Signature------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noone on Earth brings new revelation, that isn't already revealed through the Word of God (Jesus Christ), which is fullest revelation given to man. Through the moving and operation of the Holy Ghost, I Pray what we say here (with Scriptural backing) brings the truth of these Revelations, truth by truth, or precept upon precept, to the heart of the hearer. Lay what we say before the feet of Jesus (Word of God) and compare, the Bible is Always truth, so if they don't match, we need to reevaluate our stance. What we say or do here will have lasting impact upon the believer and sinner alike. We most certainly have freedom of speech, but any true christian will weigh what they say against the Word of God and if they don't agree God is not in error, and we need to pray for understanding. Those that have more meat of the Word can help those who are struggling, if done with humility, peace and love. I don't mind a peaceful debate, but when we start to argue amongst each other that is not the Spirit of God. God Bless and Peace to you all. (This signature is in general and not pointing fingers at anyone at anytime. God Bless.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's cover some Biblical facts concerning the redemptive work of the Son of God.

We are now living in the Church Age, it has been in progress for some 2000 year now. The redemptive work of the Son of God is most important thing anyone in this world could possibly know. It leads to eternal life and can only be found in the finished work of the Son of God.

Zechariah tells us during the Kingdom Age, immediately following the Church Age, the Feast of Tabernacles will resume as in the days of the Law. Animal sacrifices will be offered during this 1000 years. He also tells us that any nation on earth that does not come to honor the King (Jesus Christ) during the Feast of Tabernacles will receive no rain. Zechariah goes as far as to tell us this will be the plague of Egypt. They will refuse to come and will receive no rain.

It is believed that 10 representatives will come from each nation to offer sacrifices before Christ. Zechariah said that 10 would come from the nations to honor the King. So this is where the 10 representatives are assumed.

He said that these 10 would come and take hold of the skirt of those who are Jews saying, "we will go to the temple with you for we have heard that God is with you." Referring to God the Son, Jesus Christ. All the Gentile nations will have to come through the Jews (priests) to see the King.

So we know that during this Church Age the redemptive work of the Son of God is paramount, and the same goes for the 1000 year Kingdom Age. After that comes the new Heaven and the New earth, all sin is vanished on this earth. From this point we know very little as to what will take place concerning the Son of God, other than the fact that He rules His Kingdom on this earth forever.

At this point no one can say whether the Father/Son relationship ends or continues. You can guess or give your opinion, but you can't back it with Scripture.

1Co 15:27 For He [the Father] has put all things in subjection under His [Christ's] feet. But when it says, All things are put in subjection [under Him], it is evident that He [Himself] is excepted Who does the subjecting of all things to Him. [Psa 8:6] (AMP)

Notice: It is God the Father is who subjecting all things under His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is not the one subjecting all things to himself.

Also notice in this verse the only thing that is not put under Jesus feet is His Father

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. THE LORD (God) says to my Lord (the Messiah), Sit at My right hand, until I make Your adversaries Your footstool. [Mat 26:64; Act 2:34; 1Co 15:25; Col 3:1; Heb 12:2]

What happens after all things are put under Jesus as his footstool?

1Co 15:28 However, when everything is subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also subject Himself to [the Father] Who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all [be everything to everyone, supreme, the indwelling and controlling factor of life].

Once every has been subjected to the authority of Jesus, Jesus gives back to His Father everything the Father has subjected to Him Jesus including His Kingdom.

The Son of God has always been in subjection to His Father. Jesus has never acted separately apart from His Fathers will.

Now what after the new Heaven and earth come into existence? The Bible does not explicitly tell us, but there are clues found in the epistles of Paul.

Eph 2:6 And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together [giving us joint seating with Him] in the heavenly sphere [by virtue of our being] in Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
Eph 2:7 He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in [His] kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus. (AMP)

God the Father will now begin to demonstrate His immeasurable surpassing riches of His grace, kindness, and goodness to us His Church through Jesus Christ His eternal Son throughout all the ages to come.

God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit will continue to rein as they have always done from eternity past, and now eternity future.

1Co 15:27 For He [the Father] has put all things in subjection under His [Christ's] feet. But when it says, All things are put in subjection [under Him], it is evident that He [Himself] is excepted Who does the subjecting of all things to Him. [Psa 8:6] (AMP)

Notice: It is God the Father is who subjecting all things under His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is not the one subjecting all things to himself.

Also notice in this verse the only thing that is not put under Jesus feet is His Father

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. THE LORD (God) says to my Lord (the Messiah), Sit at My right hand, until I make Your adversaries Your footstool. [Mat 26:64; Act 2:34; 1Co 15:25; Col 3:1; Heb 12:2]

What happens after all things are put under Jesus as his footstool?

1Co 15:28 However, when everything is subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also subject Himself to [the Father] Who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all [be everything to everyone, supreme, the indwelling and controlling factor of life].

Once every has been subjected to the authority of Jesus, Jesus gives back to His Father everything the Father has subjected to Him Jesus including His Kingdom.

The Son of God has always been in subjection to His Father. Jesus has never acted separately apart from His Fathers will.

Now what after the new Heaven and earth come into existence? The Bible does not explicitly tell us, but there are clues found in the epistles of Paul.

Eph 2:6 And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together [giving us joint seating with Him] in the heavenly sphere [by virtue of our being] in Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
Eph 2:7 He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in [His] kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus. (AMP)

God the Father will now begin to demonstrate His immeasurable surpassing riches of His grace, kindness, and goodness to us His Church through Jesus Christ His eternal Son throughout all the ages to come.

God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit will continue to rein as they have always done from eternity past, and now eternity future.
The only difference now from eternity past is there is a Glorified man sitting on the throne of God Jesus Christ the Son of God!

I believe that God is absolutely one in essence and person, without distinction of persons within the Godhead as taught in traditional Trinitarianism. The terms "Father," "Son," and "Holy Spirit" do not refer to three distinct persons but rather to different manifestations or roles of the one God. For instance, Isaiah 9:6 refers to the prophesied Messiah as the "Mighty God" and "Everlasting Father," suggesting that Jesus embodies both the divine roles of Father and Son. This perspective underscores the absolute oneness of God while highlighting the different ways He reveals Himself to humanity.

In John 10:30, Jesus declares, "I and the Father are one," which is a direct affirmation of God's singularity rather than a statement of unity between two distinct persons. Similarly, Colossians 2:9 states, "For in Him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily," emphasizing that the fullness of God's nature and essence resides completely in Jesus Christ. Jesus is not just part of the Godhead but fully embodies God in His entirety, reflecting the Oneness emphasis on the indivisible nature of God.

Passages like John 14:9, where Jesus says to Philip, "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father." This statement is taken to mean that Jesus is the visible manifestation of the invisible God. Jesus' role as the Holy Spirit is explained in passages like Romans 8:9, which speaks of the "Spirit of Christ" dwelling in believers. This interpretation highlights the dynamic ways in which the one God interacts with His creation, serving as Father in creation, Son in redemption, and Holy Spirit in regeneration and sanctification, all while maintaining His essential oneness. This approach seeks to affirm the biblical portrayal of God's unity while recognizing the distinct ways He has made Himself known. Any separation of persons no longer makes God One, especially when saying, "God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost." Is He God or (God, God, God). Bible teaches One or Three?

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

God the Father speaking through Isaiah way before Christ was born. We know Jesus Christ is the Saviour. There is no saviour beside God the Father. Jesus Christ is God the Father in Flesh.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Says God purchased with blood. God is Spirit, How can He shed blood. Through His (not another person in the Godhead) human body Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the Greatest revealed name of God.

For instance, Philippians 2:9-11 states, "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." This passage suggests that the name of Jesus holds the highest place of honor and is the ultimate revelation of God's identity and authority.

Additionally, Acts 4:12 underscores the exclusive salvific power of the name of Jesus: "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." This verse highlights the central role of Jesus' name in God's redemptive plan, affirming that through Jesus, God's character and purpose are fully revealed.

Moreover, Colossians 3:17 instructs believers, "And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." This directive to act in the name of Jesus in all aspects of life further reflects the profound significance and encompassing authority of Jesus' name as the fullest revelation of God's presence and power. These scriptures collectively affirm that Jesus Christ is indeed the greatest revealed name of the One God.

God the Father speaking through Isaiah way before Christ was born. We know Jesus Christ is the Saviour. There is no saviour beside God the Father. Jesus Christ is God the Father in Flesh.
This is all lies. Jesus Christ is the only savior and the only name under Heaven were man can be saved.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

God the Father did NOT send himself to save the world, he sent his Son Jesus Christ.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

No one can come to the Father except through Jesus Christ.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

No one can get to the Father by the Father, even though he sent His Son to save the world it is only through His Son can anyone get to the Father.

This is all lies. Jesus Christ is the only savior and the only name under Heaven were man can be saved.
First off I also said this which you didn't include. "These scriptures collectively affirm that Jesus Christ is indeed the greatest revealed name of the One God."

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. God the Father is saying there is no saviour except Himself. This is Scripture right here in front of your eyes. He (God) is Saviour through His human body and greatest revealed name Jesus Christ.
God the Father did NOT send himself to save the world, he sent his Son Jesus Christ.
“Son of God” may refer to the human nature or it may refer to God manifested in flesh—that is, deity in the human nature. “Son of God” never means the incorporeal Spirit alone, however. We can never use “Son” correctly apart from the humanity of Jesus Christ.

The Son of God is not a distinct person in the Godhead but the physical expression of the one God. The Son is “the image of the invisible God” (Colossians 1:13-15) and “the express image of his [God’s] person” (Hebrews 1:2-3). Just as a signature stamp leaves an exact likeness on paper, or just as a seal leaves an exact impression when pressed in wax, so the Son of God is the exact expression of the Spirit of God in flesh. Humans could not see the invisible God, so God made an exact likeness of Himself in flesh, impressed His very nature in flesh, came Himself in flesh, so that humans could see and know Him.
No one can come to the Father except through Jesus Christ.
Completely agree

In John 14:6, Jesus says, "No one comes to the Father except through me." Access to God the Father is through the incarnation of God in Jesus Christ. Since Jesus is the manifestation of the one God, coming to the Father through Jesus is not approaching a separate divine person but coming to God Himself as revealed in Jesus. This aligns with Jesus’ statement in John 14:9, "He who has seen me has seen the Father," indicating that to know Jesus is to know God fully.

We can never use “Son” correctly apart from the humanity of Jesus Christ.
This is also not true Jesus Christ the Son of God created all things before he took on a physical body.

Eph 3:9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;

The Son of God is not a distinct person in the Godhead
This isn't believed in Christianity. Which means to you.........

Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

This isn't believed in Christianity. Which means to you.........

Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
"I Am He" means -- God the Father

When Jesus says "I am he," He is referring to the divine name "I AM" revealed to Moses in Exodus 3:14. In that passage, God tells Moses, "I AM THAT I AM," indicating His eternal, self-existent nature. Jesus' use of "I am" (Greek: "ἐγώ εἰμι," ego eimi) in John 8:24, and similarly in John 8:58 ("Before Abraham was, I am"), is seen as a direct claim to this divine identity. This connection underscores Jesus' deity and His oneness with the Father.

Jesus is the full revelation of God the Father. In John 14:9, Jesus tells Philip, "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father." This means that believing in Jesus is equivalent to believing in the Father because Jesus embodies the fullness of the Godhead (Colossians 2:9). Therefore, when Jesus says "I am he," He is affirming that He is the visible, tangible manifestation of the invisible God.

While some might interpret "I am he" to mean simply "Messiah, the Son of God," I assert that this title encompasses both His messianic role and His divine nature. I believe that recognizing Jesus as the Messiah is inseparable from recognizing Him as God. Therefore, belief in Jesus as the "I am" is essential for salvation, as it acknowledges His identity as both the promised Messiah and the incarnate God.

"I Am He" means -- God the Father

When Jesus says "I am he," He is referring to the divine name "I AM" revealed to Moses in Exodus 3:14. In that passage, God tells Moses, "I AM THAT I AM," indicating His eternal, self-existent nature. Jesus' use of "I am" (Greek: "ἐγώ εἰμι," ego eimi) in John 8:24, and similarly in John 8:58 ("Before Abraham was, I am"), is seen as a direct claim to this divine identity. This connection underscores Jesus' deity and His oneness with the Father.

Jesus is the full revelation of God the Father. In John 14:9, Jesus tells Philip, "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father." This means that believing in Jesus is equivalent to believing in the Father because Jesus embodies the fullness of the Godhead (Colossians 2:9). Therefore, when Jesus says "I am he," He is affirming that He is the visible, tangible manifestation of the invisible God.

While some might interpret "I am he" to mean simply "Messiah, the Son of God," I assert that this title encompasses both His messianic role and His divine nature. I believe that recognizing Jesus as the Messiah is inseparable from recognizing Him as God. Therefore, belief in Jesus as the "I am" is essential for salvation, as it acknowledges His identity as both the promised Messiah and the incarnate God.
You know what I do not know why you are here on TJ as you are trying to peddle false doctrine. This is a Christian forum, not a place to offload powers of darkness theology. Any born-again believer can see right through your false teachings except for you. I think you know it is untrue which is what false angels of light proclaim. Always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Oneness Pentecostals often connect Jesus' statement in John 8:24 with the prophecies in Isaiah where God declares His unique identity and role as Savior. For example, in Isaiah 43:10-11, God says, "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior." This connection underscores the belief that Jesus is the same God who spoke in Isaiah, now revealed in the flesh.

For Oneness Pentecostals, this verse emphasizes the necessity of proper Christology in faith. They argue that understanding Jesus as the one true God is fundamental to the Christian faith and that denial of this truth is equivalent to rejecting God Himself. This interpretation reinforces their stance on the importance of Jesus' name in baptism and prayer

You know what I do not know why you are here on TJ as you are trying to peddle false doctrine. This is a Christian forum, not a place to offload powers of darkness theology. Any born-again believer can see right through your false teachings except for you. I think you know it is untrue which is what false angels of light proclaim. Always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Don't be so hasty to assume someone's faith. To say I am not a christian without knowing my heart is just plain wrong.

plus there are quite a few people here who think my interpretation of scripture is false, heresy or devilish, Instead of bashing me I haven't seen anyone challenge my direct interpretations. Instead they point to other scripture to support their ideas. If I am wrong challenge my interpretations.

Believers have a responsibility to point out error and guide others towards truth as part of their commitment to love, truth, and the spiritual well-being of the community. This responsibility is rooted in the broader biblical commands to love one's neighbor, to pursue righteousness, and to be agents of reconciliation and truth in the world. Several passages throughout the New Testament underscore this aspect of Christian duty: (We are called to love one another even when we disagree. Perhaps we can take a step back and approach ALL conversation with a spirit of humility and respect. While we may have different interpretations (The Word of God is the only true Interpretation), it's important to remember that God calls us to unity and love. Let's focus on those shared values in ALL discussions.)

Galatians 6:1 (NKJV):
"Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted."
This verse emphasizes the responsibility of believers to help restore those who have fallen into sin. The approach should be characterized by gentleness and self-awareness, highlighting the importance of humility and care in correcting others.

Matthew 18:15-17 (NKJV): "Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector."

Here, Jesus provides a process for addressing sin within the community, emphasizing the importance of private correction and the goal of reconciliation. It shows a structured approach to pointing out error, with the ultimate aim of restoration.

2 Timothy 4:2 (NKJV): "Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching."

Paul instructs Timothy—and by extension, all believers—to be diligent in teaching the truth of God's Word, which includes correcting errors and encouraging right living. This exhortation underscores the role of Scripture in guiding the process of correction and the need for patience and dedication in this task.

James 5:19-20 (NKJV): "Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins."

James highlights the life-saving impact of correcting error and guiding someone back to the truth. It presents the act of pointing out error as an expression of care and concern for the spiritual state of others.

with meekness and fear: The manner in which believers are to defend their faith is critically important. "Meekness" suggests gentleness and humility, indicating that our defense should not be aggressive or confrontational but characterized by the humility that comes from understanding that our faith is a gift from God. "Fear" in this context refers to a deep respect or reverence for God, reminding believers that their ultimate accountability is to Him. This respectful approach ensures that the conversation about faith honors God and respects the dignity of the person asking.

These passages collectively illustrate that believers are indeed called to lovingly and carefully address error within the community, always aiming for the restoration and spiritual health of the individual. This responsibility is carried out within the context of a commitment to truth, love, humility, and the ultimate goal of salvation. It's important that such correction is done using Scripture in a spirit of gentleness, respect, and love, reflecting the character of Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back