• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A Biblical verse on accepting our gay brethren: Acts 8:26-40

Active
Hey Travis,

I'm sorry you see it that way since that is not true since every Bible verse I've used to show you the love of Jesus is linked on here, so... no 'twisting' going on, and I wasn't aware that the Lutheran church was considered as being full of lies.

That stated, how exactly am I misinterpreting or 'twisting' the following New Testament teachings that everyone apparently thinks is just fine to completely ignore while choosing other teachings that apparently are very convenient for them? Are they mistranslated? Is there a portion in the Bible that says it's okay to discard them? I'm completely aware that for most modern-day churches they are completely inconvenient and most might say, not applicable to an enlightened, modern society. Still.... I'd like to hear your opinion on why they can be and are ignored in almost all congregations. Just curious..

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

“Women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.…”

1 Timothy 2:11-12

“A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.”

I think a more appropriate question would be:

Why are you trying to divert attention off of yourself and the original topic you brought up and onto a whole different subject like women and leadership?

Sounds like you are just not wanting to admit you are wrong when it has become clear that you are, and are trying to cause a diversion to get peoples attention away from that fact.

Honestly, I pity your soul, you've demonstrated quite plainly in this thread alone that you've got some serious issues that need dealt with. I hope you find that healing and peace in Jesus Christ.

Travis

I think a more appropriate question would be:

Why are you trying to divert attention off of yourself and the original topic you brought up and onto a whole different subject like women and leadership?

I think a more appropriate question is why some feel they can bombard me with questions or false accusations, which I have answered fully and in great detail, and yet when I point out religious hypocrisy going on, no one apparently can answer my own questions that are designed to highlight such.

That said, I wish all a Merry Christmas and Christ's blessings upon you, regardless of some people's apparent ill-will towards me, just as Jesus taught us to do in such situations.

Last edited:
Active

RJ

I think the church needs to drop its focus on social issues and just tell people about Jesus. When people invite Jesus into their hearts sincerely, He comes and brings needed attitude changes and spiritual growth,
SLE
That is so true and a point well taken! I too wish the church would just drop the focus on social issues. But the problem is that social issues, in the form social injustices, by way of Liberal and Progressive Theologies ( secular bias) are ever more creeping their way into the church and inserting their untruths. The church is being attacked and we have to stand up for truth.
The Liberal / progressive slant is enticing, they use all kinds of scripture to support love, knidness, forgiveness and others that support accepting everyone.
These traits and more are to be applauded but there still remains the Biblical truth, that no sin will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. And God, not us, has set the standard by which you enter his perfect realm, you are either repentant and regenerated or you are not.

For me, this kind of Liberal thinking and intrusion into the church is another sign that Jesus is sooner to return than latter and, this time he brings a sword!
I pray to God we are ready!

Last edited:
there still remains the Biblical truth, that no sin will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven

Then why is it that almost all churches openly welcome into their congregations the following people who have committed the following unrepentant sin (as defined by Biblical Scripture), while rejecting unrepentant homosexuals? Unrepentant, because so many keep divorcing and re-marrying with no rejection or negative consequences by their congregations, such as is done to homosexual people. Apparently they'll all be joining their unrepentant homosexual fellow sinners when they leave this world. I am merely pointing out double-standards and utter religious hypocrisy on this issue.

Exodus 20:14 (One of the 10 Commandments)

"You shall not commit adultery.”

Luke 16:18

“Any man who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery."

1 Corinthians 6:9

“Do you not know that unrighteous men will not inherit the kingdom of God? Cherish no delusion here. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor any who are guilty of unnatural crime.”

Last edited:
Aaron, two wrongs do not make a right. Those people who condone the sin of adultery are equally guilty as those who condone the sin of homosexuality. Those people who are unrepentant adulterers are equally as guilty as those people who are unrepentant homosexuals. No unrepentant individuals will make it to Heaven, period.

Taylor, you completely avoided the question and point again.

As I stated before, when I see the same people and churches who go to great lengths to condemn and reject gay people over their sin do the same to the type of unrepentant sinners listed above (which I do not see anyone doing on here) and who they welcome into their congregations every day , then your statement will seem to be something more than a mere platitude which completely ignores the sin of religious hypocrisy on this subject.

Aaron, for anyone to take you seriously on this issue, you are first going to have to submit yourself to God and admit that homosexuality is a sin and that unrepentant homosexuals will not make it to Heaven. I hope you do, because I think you really have a very good point to make here, and our Lord would be overjoyed if the church could become more perfect in the sense of reducing hypocrisy and welcoming ALL forms of sinners to the faith while condemning ALL forms of sin among the faithful. But you continue to resist the fact that homosexuality is a sin, and in doing so you openly rebel against the almighty. This not only makes it very difficult for any real Christian to take your opinion seriously, but it also puts your own salvation in great danger.

Taylor, I realize that you probably wish this were all about 'me'... but it is not. As I told you, I am a born again Christian, and was born again in a most dramatic and spiritual way. Jesus is with me and supports me at every second of my life now. This isn't about 'me' at all. This is an issue about 'everyone' who professes to be Christian. This is about those Christians who use certain verses in the Bible to condemn and reject others with daily, while ignoring all other verses that are inconvenient for them to follow. I am not the one spreading teachings of rejection.

Anyone taking this seriously, should simply be those devoted to the Truth, and those opposed to religious hypocrisy, double-standards, and ingrained prejudice against those who they view as 'different'.

You can continue to ignore the points, history, and teachings of Jesus that I've shared with you all you want if that is what you desire.

Have a great day or evening and God bless you.

And you continue to refuse to submit to God and accept that homosexuality is a sin and that unrepentant homosexuals will not enter Heaven.

Do not let the sin of others cause you to sin. If you are engaged in homosexuality or fornication of any kind, you need to repent immediately.

And you need to preface and conclude all of your remarks regarding this issue with a clear, plain, and simple admission that homosexuality is a sin that you do not approve of and a sin which, left unrepentant, will lead to eternal destruction. If you do not do this, you are not only risking your own life but the life of all those who hear you speak.

But if you decide to submit to God, admit that homosexuality is a sin and must be repented of in order to enter Heaven, then you have a very worthy and noble calling to help the church repent of IT'S sin in hypocrisy on this issue. And I truly hope that you do this.

Last edited:
Active

RJ

Then why is it that almost all churches openly welcome into their congregations the following people who have committed the following unrepentant sin (as defined by Biblical Scripture), while rejecting unrepentant homosexuals? Unrepentant, because so many keep re-marrying with no rejection or negative consequences by their congregations, such as is done to homosexual people. Apparently they'll all be joining their unrepentant homosexual fellow sinners when they leave this world. I am merely pointing out double-standards and utter religious hypocrisy on this issue.

Exodus 20:14 (One of the 10 Commandments)

"You shall not commit adultery.”

Luke 16:18

“Any man who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery."

1 Corinthians 6:9

“Do you not know that unrighteous men will not inherit the kingdom of God? Cherish no delusion here. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor any who are guilty of unnatural crime.”
I realize that the Liberal / Progressive movent is vey persuasive, one just needs to look at the increased popularity of Liberal / Progressive Churches in America.
I also know what you are saying and what you currently believe and in some case, not all, but is some cases when founded. No offense but that is why it is such an easy trap to fall into.
  • Any sin is forgiven by God accept the sin of unbelief or the "Unpardonable Sin.
  • The sin of this unbelief is also refed to the " Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit". The hallmark of a true "Born Again" Christian is that , once you believe, God gives you the Holy Spirit to live inside you. Hence, the sin of blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is the same as the sin of unbelief. If you do not have the Holy Spirit in you as a deposit of God's good grace, you are still a non-believer.
  • One of the "first fruits" of Christ living in you is a change in you from your old self, to a self with a regenerated heart and soul. One of the results of this conversion is a repentant and dislike of sin. To stuggle with sin is one thing but out-right and blatant disregard for a sin is completely different.
  • Not having this changed attitude toward sin, any sin, is indicative of not being regenerated and not saved.
  • Whether or not one has truly been regenerated, is totally and completely up to God.
  • Any sin has the same issue and all churches are full of Christians in name only because they have never been regenerated.
  • With regards with your discussion about homosexuals. If a homosexual is a professing Christian but not remorseful or repentant for their sin, they certainly have the aapearance of not being regenerated and are possibly in severe need of salvation. This would be true of any sinner! When we ignore their unrepentant behaviour and just say that we love them and accept them the way they are, we do them and ourselves and injustice.

Last edited:
When I see so many examples of religious hypocrisy go unanswered, and when I see so many people going out of their way to use a few verses to attack and condemn the sins of gay people with, let alone the many 'personal' attacks against me, when I have only shown love and politeness.. while at the same time ignoring so many other verses that are obviously inconvenient to them, and never attacking other sins with such fervor.. such actions can only come from inner ungodly prejudice and un-Christian malice. It makes me think of the following verses:

Matthew 23:28 - "Even so, outwardly you appear righteous to people, but within you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity."

Proverbs 26:26 - "Their malice may be concealed by deception, but their wickedness will be exposed in the assembly."

Matthew 23:27 - "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean."

That said, it is not only 'me' that believes this. These are the many entire denominations consisting of thousands of churches, and millions of Christians, who agree with what I share with you concerning this subject.

North America

• Affirming Pentecostal Church International
• Anointed Affirming Independent Ministries
• Anthem Phoenix & Family of Churches
• Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists
• Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
• Community of Christ
• Ecclesia Gnostica
• Ecumenical Catholic Church
• Ecumenical Catholic Communion
• Episcopal Church (United States)
• Evangelical Anglican Church In America
• Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
• Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
• The Evangelical Network
• Friends General Conference
• Friends of Jesus Fellowship
• Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals
• Inclusive Orthodox Church
• Metropolitan Community Church
• Old Catholic Church
• Presbyterian Church (USA)
• Progressive Christian Alliance
• Reformed Anglican Catholic Church
• Restoration Church of Jesus Christ (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA) — a Latter Day Saint denomination
• United Church of Christ
• United Church of Canada
• Unity Church

Europe

• German Lutheran, reformed and united churches in Evangelical Church in Germany
• German, Swiss, Austrian and Dutch Old Catholic Church
• Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Ecumenical Catholic Communion
• Swiss reformed churches in Swiss Reformed Church
• Protestant Church in the Netherlands
• Church of Denmark
• Church of Norway
• Church of Sweden
• Church of Iceland
• United Protestant Church in Belgium
• Portugal - Affirming Pentecostal Church International
• British Quakers
• Wales - Affirming Pentecostal Church International
• Albania - Affirming Pentecostal Church International
• Evangelical Lutheran Church in Italy (CELI)
• Poland - Christian United Church in Poland
• United Kingdom - United Ecumenical Catholic Church

Central and South America

• Brazil - Affirming Pentecostal Church International
• Colombia - Affirming Pentecostal Church International

Australia

• Baptist Affirming
• Uniting Church in Australia
• Anglican
• Metropolitan Community Churches
• Ecumenical Catholic Communion
• Pentecostal Reformed

Last edited:
Loyal
That said, it is not only 'me' that believes this. These are the many entire denominations consisting of thousands of churches, and millions of Christians, who agree with what I share with you concerning this subject.

Yet they are still in the minority of churches. Even if they were the majority it would still be sin. It is no worse sin than adultery or fornication,but it is no better sin either.
No one practicing any of the things above will go to heaven. The hypocrisy here would be telling people it isn't a sin.

The Bible says there will be churches like this.

2 Tim 4:3; For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

Then, we will simply have to agree to disagree on who is misled here.

This will be my last post. Even though no one here can even be brought to say 'Merry Christmas' in response, or to show any type of welcome at all to another Christian, I leave you with love, wishing you a Merry Christmas, and a prayer for Christ to free you someday from the indoctrination that has blinded you. I forgive you.

Last edited:
Active

This will be my last post. Even though no one here can even be brought to say 'Merry Christmas' in response, or to show any type of welcome at all to another Christian, I leave you with love, wishing you a Merry Christmas, and a prayer for Christ to free you someday from the indoctrination that has blinded you. I forgive you.

Hey Aaron,

Even though you are dead wrong, I still love you. I hope you have a merry Christmas too. I also hope you have an encounter with Jesus Christ and that he transforms you from the inside out into a new person.

There is hope for homosexual's to turn from their wickedness to the truth found in Christ Jesus, and there is hope for you to stop believing falsehood and to start following the Lord God Almighty, the maker of heaven and earth, and the Glorious gospel of his Son, Jesus Christ.

Travis

I think that when we speak of people as being unrepentant sinners we may be condemning some of them prematurely, because- as far as God is concerned- the door to salvation is open until the very moment of death. We've got to stop being so eager to condemn the unsaved; that's God's job

"Do not condemn or you will be condemned." (Mt 7:1)

SLE

Lindahl.

I wish you a Happy Hanukkah (begins Tuesday at sunset) "A Miracle Happened Here", and a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I disagree with your opening post to this thread explained earlier in this thread. The eunuch gibberish.. was well.. gibberish. I totally agree with you regarding the pharisaic hypocrisy of "Christianity" today with their deplorable double standards.

For it is by grace we are saved through faith in Jesus. A Gift!...

The same ones that treat some sins as if they must be overcome before you can receive the gift are sometimes the very pastors with chicken grease on their fingers with a girth of 51 inches... or more.

How unrepentant are they that have indulged in their gluttony yet with those same fingers point to someone else and forbid them to enter into the presence of Almighty God.

We all have sins that easily beset us. I smoke cigarettes, some denominations would condemn me to hell. Thank God I do not answer to them. Thank you Jesus!

"the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." Psalm 147:11

Peace,
<//><

Active

RJ

I think that when we speak of people as being unrepentant sinners we may be condemning some of them prematurely, because- as far as God is concerned- the door to salvation is open until the very moment of death. We've got to stop being so eager to condemn the unsaved; that's God's job

"Do not condemn or you will be condemned." (Mt 7:1)SLE
  • Well, only God can condem but if they die in their sin, they are condemed already.
  • It is not condeming when you discern that a person is not repentant of their sin and it is unfair to put that label on a person who sees this unrepentativeness.
  • True love is to help a person see the error of their ways. Often God works through us to help others see the truth, to call us condemers, is in fact , judging on your part.
  • Your exactly right a unbeliever has to the very moment just before they die to be regenerated; ever more the reason to see that they have no remorse and help then understand that they have to repent of this sin before it is too late.
  • You would just leave them alone and let them die in their sin with out sayin anything...shame on you!

Last edited:
BTW...

Jesus celebrated Hanukkah.. Tiz true...

John 10:22 At that time the Feast of Dedication took place at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the colonnade of Solomon.

Administrator
Staff Member
That said, why do you use the Bible to condemn homosexuals with, but think that it's okay for Christians to ignore the following New Testament teaching? I'm simply curious..

This is incorrect. Who here is condemning anyone? No one. It is you promoting homosexuals lifestyle (despite your denial) and you're so tunnel focused on this one agenda instead of doing what Christ has told us to do. Preach the Gospel, love one another. You're here posting all sorts of Scripture that doesn't even pertain to this topic you started, yet you're telling whomever here that we're using the bible to condemn others? Quite not, it is you that is coming off condemning the church and you're so focused on this topic of homosexuality, quoting so and so from thousands of years ago and hundreds of years ago, etc.

How about you stop dwelling on this and do your part? How are you glorifying GOD? How are you edifying the body? How are you reaching the lost homosexuals (that you claim you're not promoting) and showing them Christ? By wasting time here responding every few minutes with more Scripture thrown around recklessly and irrelevantly to defend your stance?

It's one thing to have a discussion about important matters, but the problem here is that you're twisting things around and quoting what some rulers did hundreds of years ago, the church did hundreds of years ago, accusing people here of condemning homosexuals with Scripture, so forth. That alone proves you're twisting things around. Unacceptable.

Administrator
Staff Member

You're sarcastic. Not Christ like. Is it a sin that we did not say Merry Christmas? First of all, it isn't a sin and you're being sarcastic to the full, rendering your point hypocritical. Secondly, it's not Christmas yet and I'm not being sarcastic, but factual.

Finally, you're blind. We're not blind. It's you going around the internet posting the same copy/paste nonsense stance of yours and you have everyone disagreeing with your overall point. Your pride is your veil my friend. Go seek His truth and leave us alone.